Want to Try Raw? Here's an Idea!
Written by Mykey
I've mentioned in a previous blog post about my Battle with the Beet when I featured the recipe for Love Beets All Brownies. Happily Beets won in the end.
This recipe from our Demo Captain, Stephanie, was one of the prettiest that I've seen so far.
Slightly resembling a dolma at first glace, The dark hunter green of the cucumber and red chard against the vivid magenta of the chopped beets makes this little snack as fun to look at as it was to eat!
RAW BEET ROLLS!
- 1 bunch of organic red chard
- 2 organic cucumbers
- 1 organic beet
- 1 organic garlic clove
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/4 of an organic red onion
- 1 Tb raw honey
- 1 organic lemon (juiced)
- Slice the chard leaves into long large strips.
- Blend Pecans in a food processor or blender into large crumbles.
- Scoop out center of cucumber and set aside.
- Cut beets into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients (except for pecan crumbled and outsides of cucumbers) into food processor and blend well.
- Place mixture into a large bowl and add the pecans and mix well.
- Cut cucmber skins into 1/2 inch slices.
- Using a cucumber slice, scoop up a good amount of beet mixture onto it.
- Wrap the chard strip around the cucumber & beet and skewer with a toothpick to secure.
We hope you enjoy!
Lassen's Art Director