Pumpkin Cinnamini Nuffins from the Kitchen of Kelly Bray
Written by Gayle
These autumn-inspired mini muffins are gluten and dairy free! This recipe challenged my kitchen, since there are several ingredients that I don't generally have in my pantry. But I think you'll like them!
Makes 18 mini or 30 super-mini Muffins
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup peanut (or other nut) flour. I used almond flour.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup egg whites, or 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond milk works great)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey (Kelly used Nature's Hollow sugar-free syrup. I used maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon mixed together
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Mix together the dry ingredients--the flours, salt, and spices. Do not add the baking powder yet.
Mix the wet ingredients together, and then add to the dry ingredients, blending well. Stir in the baking powder.
Spray or grease the mini-muffin pan, and spoon the mixture into the cups. They can be filled to the top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the muffin cups. The muffins should be slightly browned and a toothpick will come out clean.
When slightly cooled, remove the muffins from the pan and brush them with melted butter and then roll them in the coconut sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Enjoy these yummy mini muffins for breakfast or a gluten-free snack!