100% Poetic and Delicious!
Written by Gayle
This recipe is a great combination of flavors, and captures some of the great produce that is available. I call it--
Golden Beet and Citrus Sauce on Spaghetti Squash
Makes 4 servings
- 2 lbs organic spaghetti squash (or pasta, if preferred)
- Organic Extra-Virgin Olive oil
- 1 small organic golden beet, peeled and chopped very small (less than 1/2" cubes)
- 1/2 cup chopped organic onion
- 1/3 cup chopped organic celery
- 3 cloves minced organic garlic
- 1/2 cup organic chopped peppers--I used red, green, and yellow
- 2 medium organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 TBSP freshly-squeezed organic lime juice
- 1 small organic jalapeño pepper, chopped fine
- 4 organic mandarin oranges (the TDEs are really great in this recipe!)
- 2 TBSP organic cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste--I used about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and then remove seeds
- Rub cut edge with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt it desired. Place on baking pan, cut side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn over and bake an additional 20 minutes, until fork tender
- Set aside (keeping warm) until ready to serve
- Saute golden beets in 1 TBSP olive oil over med-low heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cover to steam for 10 additional minutes. Stir occasionally
- Remove the lid, and then stir.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic, and peppers, and stir fry for 4 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, lime juice, and jalapeño, then stir fry an additional 3-4 minutes
- Add the mandarin oranges and the cilantro, and just stir to heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh from the skin of the spaghetti squash, and then onto 4 serving bowls or plates.
- Ladle the sauce onto the spaghetti squash
- Serve with additional limes to squeeze
This recipe is Paleo, Vegan, and Vegetarian!
I hope you enjoy this colorful, delicious and healthy meal!