Paleo, Gluten-free and Delicious!
Written by Gayle
Lots of people are cutting back on grains and boosting their nuts and seeds. Whether you are sensitive to gluten, eating Paleo
, or just want a change of pace, this no-grain granola is a real treat. It comes from my daughter-in-law Denae, and goes great with Elli Quark (click here
for Preya's story about this nutritious yogurt-like cheese!) It's a great snack, too!
- 2 cups organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw organic nuts--I used almonds and cashews, but any combination that you like works!
- 1/4 cup raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw organic pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBSP flaxseed
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup organic agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dried fruit--I used blueberries, but raisins, currants, chopped apricots, pineapple, papaya or cranberries would be delicious, too!
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees
- Chop the nuts in a food processor (just a few pulses) or with a sharp knife
- Heat the coconut oil, agave nectar, and vanilla in a medium sized metal bowl, or in the microwave (30-45 seconds), until melted
- Add the nuts, seeds, and coconut
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper (or sprayed with non-stick spray)
- Bake for about 40 minutes until lightly browned. Stir 2 or three times during baking.
- Remove from the oven, and add the dried fruit and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir to mix it all in.
- Allow to cool about 20 minutes, then break apart, and store in the refrigerator.
This recipe would be a great addition to a Brunch Buffet with yogurts and fresh fruit! (Mother's Day is coming up!)
Enjoy this toasted goodness--