This Quick Salad Works for Any Meal!
Written by Gayle
I love salads, but sometimes I don't want to bother will all of the chopping. Basically, I'm lazy. So I love finding a quick and easy combination. This one is a restaurant knock-off that I make every couple of weeks. The restaurant variety features asparagus, but when it is not in season I substitute roasted green beans or even stir-fried zucchini.
I always make extra quinoa and vegetables, so this is simple to assemble with left-overs.
And since this we are in the middle of a summer heat-wave that will not end (Mother Nature apparently didn't get the memo that it is fall!) this salad is perfect for either lunch or dinner because you don't need to slave away in the kitchen!
Quinoa and Arugula Salad
- I pkg Organic arugula
- 1 cup cooked and cooled Quinoa
- 1/2 lb Roasted organic asparagus spears, or organic green beans, or quick stir-fried organic zucchini, cooled (see my post here on roasting vegetables)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 TBP cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 oz organic feta cheese, crumbled
- Drew's Lemon Godess dressing, to taste
- Rinse and cook the quinoa according to package directions (this takes about 12-15 minutes) then cool to room temperature
- Roast the asparagus, green beans or stir-fry the zucchini, and cool to room temperature
- Toss the arugula, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts in a large bowl
- Add the cooled quinoa, asparagus (or green beans or zucchini), and the crumbled feta, then toss together
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
I like to serve this salad with sliced fruit (such as delicious organic Bartlett pears!) and a muffin for a complete meal!
Enjoy the tasty goodness of this wonderful salad!