Use the Bounty in a New Way!
Zucchini is one one my favorites, and I'm always looking for new ways to include this terrific vegetable in our meals. If often takes a back seat--as a side dish--but this recipe puts it front and center. Light and delicious, you'll love it for a simple, healthy, and delicious meal. This is a great recipe for those who are cutting back on pasta, but long for a quick Italian fix. And I do mean quick!
- 2-3 whole organic zucchini. I used small ones so that I could peel them more easily
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cloves organic garlic. minced
- 3 organic Roma tomatoes, diced
- Parmesan, as desired
- 4 large organic basil leaves, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and trim the squash, then using a vegetable peeler, cut into long ribbons
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet, then add the garlic and zucchini noodles
- Stir quickly, and add the diced tomatoes and basil, stir to blend, and season with salt and pepper
- When tender but not limp, tip into a serving dish, and sprinkle with parmesan
- Garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired
Fantastic! Satisfy an Italian craving without the pasta!