One Word: Maaaannnnggggoooo!
Since moving to California (35+ years ago...) I have become a mango fiend. I don't think I'd ever even tasted a fresh one back in the day. But if I could have a mango every day, I would. And they are gorgeous right now!
I love to add mango to lots of dishes--salads, desserts, cereal, smoothies--you name it. Here's another idea--Add some mango to your guacamole!
- 1 ripe organic avocado, mashed
- 1/2 ripe organic mango, chopped
- 2 TBSP chopped organic green onion, both white and green portions
- 2 TBSP chopped organic cilantro
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- 1/2 of an organic roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp-1 TBSP finely chopped organic jalapeño pepper, if desired
- salt to taste
- Mash the avocados, chop the mango, green onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and jalapeño pepper
- Mix all together in a bowl
- Squeeze the lime, add to the guacamole, and season with salt to taste
- Serve with tortilla chips--I paired mine with some Blue Corn Chips!